Student2Student Homework Help
April 18, 2024, 11:38:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Student2Student Homework Help!

Home Help Search Arcade Resources Staff List Login Register  

FAQ

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FAQ  (Read 229 times)
meb99
Tutor

View Profile
FAQ
« on: August 11, 2011, 09:19:09 pm »

Basics:

Who do I contact if I need help?
If you need help with anything, anything at all, contact a tutor, or an administrator.

How can I prevent my e-mail address from showing up in my profile?
Go to your profile, then go to Account Related Settings, and in there check the box that says, ''Hide email address from public.''

How many accounts can I have here on S2SHH?
One. Only one account. If you are banned and try to make another account we will ban you again. Do not do it, it's not allowed.

Can I delete my account?
No, not currently. When you make an account, we're expecting you to post and get help with your homework.

That does not mean you have to post everyday, or even every week, but by making this account, we're trusting that you do something with it.

Can I change my username?
Not currently. Maybe sometime, in the future there will be a way.

Can I change my password?
Yes, go to your profile, then to Account Related Settings, and edit you password.

Can I lend my account to friends?
No, there is absolutely no lending of accounts to your friends, siblings, parents, or other people. Your account is for you alone to use. Violating this rule can lead to severe consequences.

What are duplicate accounts? What are the rules for them?
Please do not try creating duplicate accounts if you are banned. The staff will find out about these and will ban duplicate accounts immediately.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:52:11 pm by meb99 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

meb99
Tutor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 07:55:00 am »

Forums:

What are the basic forum rules here?
-Please do not make duplicate threads. Before you start a thread, make sure there is not already a similar one there!

-These forums have a language rating of PG-13.  Please keep all language appropriate for younger visitors.

-Please do not spam any board or thread.  Off topic or one word posts are inappropriate and if a mod spots them, they could be deleted and you could receive a warning.  If you continue to spam after you have been warned, appropriate actions will be taken.

-Please be polite to all other members.  Harassing other members will not be tolerated.  Remember that there are students of all ages on this site.

-Please do not spam other members via the private message system.  All forum rules apply to messages too.  We can and will restrict private message use if the system is abused.

-In accordance to the rule about not harassing members, please do not spam the staff members asking to become a staff member yourself. You will be warned if you keep on doing this.

-Please make sure to post the threads in the right places. Do not post a thread asking what the product of 2 and 0 is in the Physical Education Board. If you are not sure where to place a thread, feel free to message the Tutors and we will gladly assist you.

-If you post an image directly on the forums, please make sure it is below 500 pixels by 500 pixels.  If it's larger, please post it as a link.

-For your own safety and that of others, please do not post any contact information on the forums.  This includes Instant Messaging screen names, full real name, phone number, address, as well as any other personal information.  Never ask another user for this information.  If you'd like to share that via private messages, do so cautiously.

-To keep the forums neat and organized, we reserve the right to delete threads that have gone a certain number of days without a reply or are inappropriate for the location in which they were posted.  For specific policies, please see the rules threads of the individual boards.

-Please keep your posts easy to read.  Using netspeak or font effects such as color or large or small size can make your posts hard to read, and a staff member may edit your post to increase legibility.

-In the forums for foreign languages, there will be times where someone posts in a foreign language.  Unless the rules of a particular thread or board specify otherwise, all foreign language posts must be translated.

-Please do not try creating duplicate accounts if you are banned. The staff will find out about these and will ban duplicate accounts immediately.

-Absolutely no lending of accounts to your friends, siblings, parents, or other people. Your account is for you alone to use. Violating this rule can lead to severe consequences.

-Some topics can be sensitive to others like depression and the like. Although we might not have area for these topics, there may come a time where there will be a general discussion part of the site. As such, we ask you to please watch the topics you will post. If you are not sure whether you can post a certain topic or not, feel free to message the Tutors and we will gladly assist you.

-In accordance with the PG-13 rule on the site, all links posted must be to sites with content appropriate for this level.

What is Spam, and why is it banned?
Spam is one word or off topic posts that are inappropriate for threads. They can be considered annoying to the people posting in there. Spamming can lead to warnings and suspension according to the amount of spamming you have done. Please note that spam doesn't only occur in posts but also in the private messaging system or PM. Warnings will also be given to people who spam in private messages.

Please do not spam any board or thread.  Off topic or one word posts are inappropriate and if a mod spots them, they could be deleted and you could receive a warning.  If you continue to spam after you have been warned, appropriate actions will be taken.

Also, Please do not spam other members via the private message system.  All forum rules apply to messages too.  We can and will restrict private message use if the system is abused.

What are the different forums for? How do I join them?
All the forums here, are centered on a basic subject, and in those forums, there is threads related to the overall subject. There are a few threads that don't have a official subject, but it will have a certain topic.

'Joining' a forum isn't really joining anything. All you have to do is post, and post again is you would like.

How do I make my font look different than the default settings?

If you want to change the font:
Code:
[font=insert font name][/font]

If you want to change the color:
Code:
[color=insert color name]
(note: you can use hex codes, you just need to but the # with it)

If you want to change the size:
Code:
[size=___pt][/size]

If you want to bold, italicize, and underline
Code:
[b][/b]   [i][/i]   [u][/u]

If you want to make it move:
Code:
[move][/move]

If you want to do a superscript or a subscript:
Code:
[sup][/sup]    [sub][/sub]

If you want to make a code:
Code:
[code][/ code] (without the space)

If you want to make it highlighted:
Code:
[glow=(insert color),2,300][/glow]
(note: hex codes do work for this one, as long as there is the # sign

If you want to make it teletype
Code:
[tt][/tt]

Also, these can be used by clicking the buttons when you reply.

Please keep your posts easy to read.  Using netspeak or font effects such as color or large or small size can make your posts hard to read, and a staff member may edit your post to increase legibility.

How do I make a link? What are the basic rules for links here?

To make a link use the Following form:

Code:
[url=http://Example.com]Example.com[/url]

This shows up as:
http://Example.com

Code:
[url=http://Example.com/]Example[/url]

This shows up as:
Example

In accordance with the PG-13 rule on the site, all links posted must be to sites with content appropriate for this level.

What is an avatar? How to get one?
An avatar is a picture that will show under your username on all your posts.

To get one, go to you profile. Then go to Forum Profile Information. In there, the first option will be the Avatar option.

You have three ways you can get an Avatar.

The fist way you can get one is by selecting off a pre-made list. To o that, you check that option and you click the picture you want.

The second way to get an Avatar is to use it's website url. Just check that option, and then you find the Avatar you want and upload it to an image housing site such as imageshack. Then, take the direct link, and you paste it into the blank space in the Avatar options.

The third, and the last option is to upload your own avatar. To do this, just check that option, and then click the browse button. When you click the browse button, it will take you to your pictures. Select the picture you want and then click open.

Then, for each of these, you need to click the 'Chang Profile' button in the bottom right hand corner. That will change your avatar.

What is a signature? How to get one?
A signature, is some text, or a picture that shows up at the bottom of each of you posts.

To get one, go to your profile. Then go to Forum Profile Information. In there, the forth option will be the signature option.

To get text to show up, just write what you want to say in the box. To get an image to show up, just go to an image hosting site such as, imageshack. Then take the forum code, and copy and paste it into the box.

If you wish, you may have text, and a picture.

Why does my avatar not show up?
If your avatar doesn't show up, it's for the following reasons.

If you're selected avatar is too big, then it will not be able to show up.

If your avatar has a incorrect link, it will not show up.

If you try and fix these problems, and it doesn't work, contact a mod immediately.

What is hotlinking, and why can't hotlink?
Hotlinking is when you post a picture that is on someone else's website.

Say for example, I post

Code:
[img]http://www.this_is_a_fake_url.com/itdoesnotexist.jpg[/img]

and I do not own this_is_a_fake_url.com, then I would be Hotlinking.

If a staff catches you hotlinking,m your image will be removed.

Is there a way to return to the thread, instead of the forum, after posting?

Yes, go to you Profile. Then go to Look and Layout Preferences. In there, there will be a bunch of options. Check the option the says, 'Return to topics after posting by default.'

Can I post inappropriate stuff?
No, absolutely not. These forums have a language rating of PG-13.  Please keep all language appropriate for younger visitors.
Are you having trouble with this? Well then think about it this way, only post things you want your eight year old sibling to hear.

What is PM, what can I use it for?
You may use the PM (Private Messaging) to talk about off topic subjects.

You may also use it to contact the tutors or Admin.

But you MAY NOT use the PM for spam, and asking for personal information that you don't need.

Can I share my private information?
For your own safety and that of others, please do not post any contact information on the forums.  This includes Instant Messaging screen names, full real name, phone number, address, as well as any other personal information.  Never ask another user for this information.  If you'd like to share that via private messages, do so cautiously.

What if someone is asking for my private information?
Please contact a mod immediately if you've asked them to stop, and they haven't.

How big can my pictures be?
If you post an image directly on the forums, please make sure it is below 500 pixels by 500 pixels.  If it's larger, please post it as a link.

Why did my thread get deleted?
To keep the forums neat and organized, we reserve the right to delete threads that have gone a certain number of days without a reply or are inappropriate for the location in which they were posted.  For specific policies, please see the rules threads of the individual boards.

I want to start a certain topic, but I'm sure if it's allowed. Who do I contact?
Some topics can be sensitive to others like depression and the like. Although we might not have area for these topics, there may come a time where there will be a general discussion part of the site. As such, we ask you to please watch the topics you will post. If you are not sure whether you can post a certain topic or not, feel free to message the Tutors and we will gladly assist you.

What are duplicate threads? What are the rules for them?
Please do not make duplicate threads. Before you start a thread, make sure there is not already a similar one there!

Where can I post what?
Please make sure to post the threads in the right places. Do not post a thread asking what the product of 2 and 0 is in the Physical Education Board. If you are not sure where to place a thread, feel free to message the Tutors and we will gladly assist you.

Do I have to be polite, all the time?
Yes, please be polite to all other members.  Harassing other members will not be tolerated.  Remember that there are students of all ages on this site.

Manners are free, so use them.[/code]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 02:02:57 pm by meb99 » Report Spam   Logged

meb99
Tutor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 07:55:39 am »

Staff

How can I become a staff member?
Right now, there are no opportunity's to become a staff member.
But keep a look out for a job opening.

What are the Staffs' duties here on S2SHH?
It's the Staffs job to make sure things are neat, safe and fun. The staff looks out for trouble, swearing, and anything else that doesn't belong.

Which areas are which staff responsible for?
The staff is responsible for every area in the whole site.

What are tutors?
Tutors, are basically mods. But they help answer questions, and do mod duties.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:45:23 am by meb99 » Report Spam   Logged

meb99
Tutor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 07:56:16 am »

Languages:

Why are some things in a different Language?
In the forums for foreign languages, there will be times where someone posts in a foreign language. 

When do I have to translate the different languages into English?
Unless the rules of a particular thread or board specify otherwise, all foreign language posts must be translated.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 08:39:36 am by meb99 » Report Spam   Logged

meb99
Tutor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 07:57:32 am »

Warnings:

What are the warnings?

Warned
- The student has broken some rules of the site and has been warned.

Detention
- The student has been continuing breaking some rules and not changing, as such, some permissions are limited or removed.

Suspended
- Due to breaking of many serious rules, the student has been temporarily banned from the site.

Expelled
- The student is permanently banned from the site.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 07:15:10 am by meb99 » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: