Student2Student Homework Help
April 19, 2024, 05:05:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Student2Student Homework Help!

Home Help Search Arcade Resources Staff List Login Register  

Read All About It: Rule and Help for Literature

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Read All About It: Rule and Help for Literature  (Read 62 times)
Jexi
Leader

View Profile
« on: August 08, 2011, 10:26:40 am »

Rules:

-Follow all site rules

Be nice
Don't make fun of someone's question or the subject. Just because I could hate something doesn't mean I need to tell everyone. 

-If you have a question about a book, make sure there isn't a topic for it already.
For example, if you don't understand why Harry Potter's aunt and uncle kept him under the stairs and there a Harry Potter thread, post your question there. If there isn't a thread, you can start a new one. Please look here to see if there is a thread already or not.

-If starting a new thread, please put this at the top of your post:
Code:
[b]Title:[/b]
[b]Author[/b]
[b]Genre/Type of Work:[/b]

Make sure the topic fits!
Please don't post questions that should go elsewhere. In this Literature (or Lit.), we deal with written and published works. Novels, nonfiction, poems, short stories, plays, et cetera can all find there home here. Don't ask questions about French or science here.

Don't Spam:
Please don't start a new thread for questions like "What is Eragon's uncle's name?" This is considered spam, as there is a thread for those types of questions (for more information, see below). Also, only posting with smilies or going off-topic are considered spam.

Spoilers Aren't Needed
Unless otherwise stated in the first post of a topic, I will assume that you have read the entire book and I won't be ruining anything. If you haven't please post something like. "[insert question] I have only read up to when he runs away from the hospital, so please if use spoilers if necessary!" Don't use page numbers, as that's a little bit harder to find if your answer would need a spoiler or not.

Help:

Here in Lit., we have a couple of different types of questions.

Quote from: Person A
What is Eragon's uncle's name?

Quote from: Person B
Why did Harry Potter's aunt and uncle keep him under the stairs?

Quote from: Person C
Should Emma Woodhouse have realized Mr. Elton had feelings for her and not Harriet?

These questions would all have a home here, but the answering methods would be different.

Person A's question is what I like to call "Google-able," meaning a little bit of searching with Google (or your preferred search engine) you can find the answer. In this case, please post a source for the person to find the answer along with the answer, if you wish. If you don't want Wikipedia as a source, please say so. These sort of questions should be asked here.

Quote from: To Answer Person A Question:
Source or page 16 might be of help. His name is Garrow.

For Person C's question, it should go in the Emma thread or an Emma thread should be made. The answer should for be help to get to a solution. You might point out what Mr. Elton did that made Emma convinced of his affection for Harriet and what actions made Mr. Elton think he was pointing out his affection for Emma. If possible, give a source(s). Give evidence but no solution, if it's an opinion question. We want to help, but not do your homework.

What about Person B's? I believe a little bit of Googling could get you an answer. Therefore, post it here.

Questions? PM me!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 04:21:02 pm by Jexi » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: