Student2Student Homework Help
April 18, 2024, 04:49:58 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to Student2Student Homework Help!

Home Help Search Arcade Resources Staff List Login Register  

Staff Introductions

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Staff Introductions  (Read 742 times)
Rileigh
Administrator

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2011, 09:20:13 pm »

Hey guys, when you get around to it, it would be great if you could put a blurb here, that the students will see. If you guys want to make a form with Name, subjects, other interests or stuff like that, that's fine, and I think you guys should be able to edit that into the first post. Paragraph is fine too, I'd just like the students to have more of a connection and stuff. =)

I'll put links to the names one they're in:

alleycat
Conor
DesElise
Emma
Erin
HedwigGirl
Jexi
Kevin
Landon
Matt
MinervaLuna
Musical_Sage
Rie
Rileigh
Sammers
Sapphire
Tarlyn

Conor!Edit: Put links for Sammy and Matt.

Rileigh!Edit: I like that color, Conor, maybe we should use it for all the links. I just can't decide which to do, so links and text are the same right now. >.>
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:47:30 pm by meb99 » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Matt
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 07:00:52 am »

Hi I'm Matt and I'm of the mentors in this forum. I'm 14 years old, from the not-so-sunny-anymore country of the Philippines. If you don't know where that is, it's in South East Asia, kinda near Taiwan/Japan. Yeah. <.<;; What do you put here anyway? xD I'm currently a Sophomore, and I can help you with many stuff, since I'm in the top 10 of our batch out of 500+ students so I'm pretty sure I'm capable. Tongue Besides studying, I also belong in a choir and we're kinda good. xD Anyways, I'm pretty open to anyone so if you wanna talk to me or have questions or anything, I'm just a PM away. ^_^

Is this alright? xD
Report Spam   Logged
Sammers
Tutor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 11:47:08 am »

Hi! I'm Sammy, and I'm a Tutor here. I am going to be a Junior in High School next year, which means I am 16 years old. And counting. Tongue I live in America, in the Northeast. I know many things...And stuffs. Um, yeah. I am most qualified in Athletics/Health. I run Cross Country for my school's cross country team. I also am in my school's marching band where I play the saxophone and percussion. I love music, and I can play a bunch of instruments. I also enjoy singing, although I haven't ever been in a choir or whatnot...I suppose I'll write more later in my Intro Thread...Feel free to PM me or anything if you wanna talk or ask a question! <333

Report Spam   Logged
Rie
Tutor

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 06:47:41 pm »

Name: Rie or Lacee but prefer Rie
Location: Texas and if you don't know where that is, you should see me so I can help you with geography! (;
Grade/year: I'm not sure why I'm making myself answer this when it's a little complicated. Basically, I'm suppose to be a Senior in college this year but due to changing majors a big trying to figure out what I really want to do with my life, I'm still a sophomore as I still have loads of credits I need to get for my major/minor.
Major/Minor: I'm currently and English Major (Writing and Literature) with a Minor in Mass Communications (specializing in Journalism, Photography, Graphic Design and Public Relations)
Other Majors I've tried: Music Education, Art (Specialization in Photography), History with minor in English for Education, Journalism
What I enjoy doing: My hobbies include but are not limited to: Singing (been in official choirs since 4th grade so 8 years in grade school and 2 in college), Playing guitar, Dancing (was on HS dance team), Creative Writing, Reading, Cupcake Decorating, Painting, Drawing and certainly my most favorite, Photography.
My current RL job: I'm a photographer and own my own business
My ultimate dream: To be a photographer for National Geographic.
Anything else: I'm very versatile when it comes to different subjects. I graduated HS 130/750. I HATE sciences so good luck with that and if you plan on pursuing anything that has to deal with that you're my hero! And I would say I'm pretty easy to get along with, so if you need help or advice, don't hesitate to PM me on here or if you have my MSN feel free to give me a poke! (:
Report Spam   Logged
MinervaLuna
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 08:22:36 pm »

Hi, I'm Mary. I graduated from high school and turned 18 a few weeks ago, though not on the same day. I'm about to enter my first year of college as an art major with a concentration in photography. My ultimate goal is to become a teacher of some sort, but not necessarily an art teacher as I don't want to teach anything in art other than photography, and right now I'm still debating between double majoring in either math education or music education. I can't tell if this is ambitious or not, but we just have to wait and see how I fare my first semester of living away from home. xD

Schooling aside, there are two things in life I found I cannot live without: music and photography. I have been singing since the 4th grade, so for 9 years, but the last two years made the biggest impact on me. Just singing in a choir and lending your voice to creating harmony with dissonance and resolutions give me the chills and make me ridiculously excited. To be honest, I kind of can't wait for summer break to be over so I can sing again. :D I honestly can't remember the first time I picked up a camera, but I remember one of the first rolls of film I shot entirely on my own consisted almost exclusively my finger covering the lens. xD I think I can venture to say that I have become a better photographer over the years.

If anyone wants to talk or has a problem with something, please don't hesitate to poke me!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 04:02:54 pm by MinervaLuna » Report Spam   Logged
Tarlyn
Tutor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 01:03:48 am »

*waves* Hi! I'm Tae (real name is hiding behind layers of security but you could probably find it if you tried) and I'm a fourteen year old girl going into her first year of high school this August. I've played the piano on and off (mostly off) since I was three and the viola constantly since the fourth grade. I suppose I consider myself an artist... I love writing stories and poetry and I have a strange love of math. (:
Report Spam   Logged
Musical_Sage
Tutor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 04:01:25 pm »

Why, hello everyone!  I'm Micah, and I have two XX chromosomes and am half-Japanese.  I'm about to enter my first year of college known as [okay, not going to put it, but it's in Massachusetts].  I plan on majoring in Brain and Cognitive Sciences (though I can't declare it until I hit my sophomore year, so that could change for all I know), and I LOVE biology and psychology (specifically, neurology and immunology).  I'm moving to MA and will thus be living in the North East for the first time in my life, and I'm excited (I'm originally from TX, like Rie)!

I have played piano for about 9-10 years now (or longer, I lost count), and my two major fandoms are Harry Potter and Kingdom Hearts. Grin  I love eating, reading, writing, palying the piano, exercising, and overall being happy.  Music is my life; I mainly listen to vidoe game music (especially music by the genius Yoko Shimomura) and Ayumi Hamasaki.  It's nice to meet you all!
Report Spam   Logged
DesElise
Leader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 11:27:31 pm »

Hey, I am Des. I am 16 and am a Junior in High School. On S2SHH I am a tutor, and I will be helping you all with different areas. In school I mainly enjoy English and Math, though I don't always say I like Math because it just seems weird to me. I also enjoy art, but I admit that I am not that great. For six years I played bass with my school orchestra, though in my sophomore year I decided to quit. I had lost the muse I has once had at playing because I didn't get into a music school, though I now wish to follow my dream and become a Pediatrician. In my freshman year of high school I really enjoyed physics, though I was never very great when it came to actual equations.

Now off of the academic part of my school life....I play volleyball. I find that playing a sport really helps when it comes to my school life. You would think that playing a sport would make my grades go down, but I believe differently. Myself, and many of my friends, noticed that during the volleyball season we do better on our report cards, but when it is off season we tend to get B's and C's rather than A's. I think having a sport will help motivate students to do better in school, though only if you enjoy that sport. Also joining in a sport will also help you with physical exercise and most of the time you will go over that recommended 30 minutes a day.

So that is all that I can think of right now. If I think of any more stuff I will just add <3
Report Spam   Logged
Jexi
Tutor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 09:54:04 am »

Hola! I'm Jexi (well, that's a nickname that I like). I'm a fifteen year old girl starting sophomore year of high school. I live in the State of Hockey (Minnesota) and am obsessed with the Minnesota Wild/hockey. I played it for six years. I do love almost every sport in some way, but the other main one I obsessively follow is (American) football.

I loved my freshman year of high school and school all around. My favorite last year subjects were: geometry, physical science, Spanish, and Russia (if I took an area studies course, then I could be in AP US History this year). I love English classes too, both the reading and writing aspects of them. I also took Intro to Programming (most of what we did was in Alice), a class that we worked mainly in Flash, and Video Production (I know how to use video editors on PCs and Macs).

There are a few things I can do. Namely, I canNOT sing in the slightest. Or read music. However, my friend and I have collaborated a couple of times to write a song. She put an amazing melody and sang incredibly some lyrics I wrote.  Besides that, I lacking all musical talent.

-edit- I'm the mod of S&A and Lit.

Also, slightly extremely obsessed with Harry Potter.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 04:00:52 pm by Jexi » Report Spam   Logged

Sapphire
Tutor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 06:13:30 am »

Hello, I'm Nikki! I'm a 20-year old college Psychology major and music minor. My strongest subject in school has always been math, however I'm not bad at English either (especially creative writing). I work at the Gap, and sometimes I feel like I may as well just set up a sleeping bag, because I'm there so often! I've been an employee there for 3 years, and despite customers sometimes being (very) rude, I love the people I work with and that makes it worth the bad times Tongue. In my spare time I play softball and sing. Not at the same time though... >.>

Also, I have a possibly unhealthy obsession with the Harry Potter series (as do most of our staff, I'm sure Wink ).

Well, I can't think of anything else to say at the moment, other than I'm a friendly person, so by all means shoot me a message and say hello Smiley

Report Spam   Logged
HedwigGirl
Tutor

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 07:56:29 am »

Hey, I'm HedwigGirl, but you can call me Franzi. Strange name, I know.  Grin
It's German, which coincidentally, is what I am fluent and teach here, at Student2Student. I am most likely the youngest. (being twelve), but I assure you, that doesn't make me any less smart. In fact, I get top grades in all of my classes. English is my best class, because I am a total grammar freak. I also read a lot of classics and advanced stuff, so Literature is good for me as well.

I love writing my own songs and singing them, and I made it to SingFest, where the most talented singers from every school in the area group together annually and sing a bunch of songs. I've also made it to Honors Orchestra by playing the violin.

I've been making graphics for almost two years now, I also do some of the graphics for another site's (which all the staff will undoubtedly know) newspaper. I've won a couple graphics contests too.

I love love love Harry Potter, obsessively. Shoot me a message. I promise I don't bite hard.
Report Spam   Logged
meb99
Tutor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2011, 03:58:49 pm »

Hi-ya!!

My name's Emma, and I'm a mod of this site!! I might be one of the youngest here, but I'm pretty advanced in all my subjects...

I'm in middle school, with three advance subjects, music, french, and Heath! I also love reading, which is why I'm on a twelfth grade level, and I love writing.

Music, which is a passion of mine, is on of the things I do the most. I play the piano, the viola, I sing, I act, and play some drums, some guitar, and some other weird instrument's that you've probably never heard of!!

Oh, and if you want to hear what I want to be when I grow up, it's an Entomologist! And I know you're all wondering what that is, I'll take all my time explaining! Wink

A Entomologist according to my lovely Online Dictionary, means

A zoologist who studies insects.

Yes, I actually want to be an Entomologist. Ever since my fith grade teacher invited her friend, who's an Entomologist, over, I've been stuck. And that's all there is to it....

Oh, and one of the most important things about me is that I love Harry Potter!! Wink

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! Don't be shy; I'm open to anyone!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 06:45:44 pm by meb99 » Report Spam   Logged

Erin
Tutor

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 10:29:20 pm »

Hello all!

My name is Erin. I'm 18 and a proud Canadian. I should be going into my second year of university but decided that the best thing for me right now is figure a few things out. Last year I majored in Drama with a concentration on performance and an eventual goal of entering the Faculty of Education. Now I'm not so sure about that path and I am exploring my options. The top of my list right now are international relations and communications. I love theatre, especially Shakespeare, country music and debating.

In RL, I'm a sales associate trying to get out before I totally sell my soul to a major retailer. My dream job would be to act for the rest of my life but, barring that, I just want to be able to travel and make a difference in at least one person's life.

On S2SHH, I mod Writing/Editing and Earth Sciences. My door is always open to any questions you may have or if you just want to chat!

Happy homework-ing!
Report Spam   Logged
Mzprez1021
Tutor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 10:03:55 am »

Hello Everyone!

My name is Kiki, and I'm a Sophmore in Highschool. I am currently taking two advanced science courses this year: Anatomy and Honors Chemistry. Yeah I am that crazy. I play five instruments: Piano, Piccolo, Flute, Bassoon, and I sing. Music has always been my passion, along with writing and sciences. I am the mod of Earth Science here on S2SHH, because Geology ROCKS.

When I "Grow up" (Funny saying that now.) I want to be a neurologist. A neurologist is a doctor who specializes in the nervous system and diseases evolving the brain. I have always been fascinated by the human brain and I would love to study it in-depth. Eventually I would want to write books about the human brain to farther my personal study and also to educate those who are interested as well.

I am extremely bubbly and a happy-go-lucky person. This will show over time, trust me. Even though I have a strange obsession over Edgar Allen Poe. I am a proud Nerdfighter (DFTBA), and Monty Python nerd and I will always remain obsessed with Harry Potter. (And I do realize this paragraph had nothing to do with school. C:)

If you ever have a question feel free to PM me. I will not bite, but Darla does. "I am a piranha. I live in the amazon!" (Finding Nemo) But seriously, feel free to PM at any time. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

oceanstate22
Student

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2012, 11:20:00 pm »

Hi Im New Here Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: